Benefits of Flexibility Training
We participate in cardiovascular exercises for heart health and fat loss, weight training to gain strength and lean out, yet we often forget about flexibility training. Keep reading to find out the benefits of adding flexibility into your routine!
· Reduces muscle soreness and stiffness.
· Increases joint range of motion.
· Reduces risk of injury.
· Reduces stress.
· Helps muscle’s function easier.
· Improves blood flow and circulation.
· Improves mobility for everyday life.
Common Types of Stretching.
· Static stretching (holding a stretch for 15-60 seconds) is best practiced AFTER a workout to improve and regain flexibility.
· Dynamic stretching (moving in and out of a specific range of motion) is beneficial to use before a workout, however, is more advanced and should be taught by a professional to avoid injury. Practicing dynamic stretching prior to a workout prepares the muscles for the upcoming work.
· Breathe normally through your stretches.
· Once you stretch the muscle to a point of tension, hold for 15-30 seconds and slowly release. Repeat 2-4 times.
Flexibility can be added into your routine by stretching on your own, getting assistance from a personal trainer or certified professional, or even taking a class such as yoga! Light stretching when you wake up such as touching your toes and reaching your hands to the sky can also be beneficial to include daily.
If you have more questions or want help with your stretching routine, contact one of our Health & Fitness professionals today at email@example.com or join one of our group classes.