Each year, many of us set a goal to keep our workouts top priority when things get busy, so here are a few quick tips to help you stay committed!
- Plan shorter workouts, they don’t take long and are just as effective as longer workouts to your overall health. They also keep your interest peeked.
- Keep your workouts easy from an equipment perspective so you can workout anywhere.
- Get your gear ready the night before. This saves a lot of time and makes it much less tempting to skip the workout.
- Put your workouts in your calendar, it’s a commitment that shouldn’t be missed!
- If you can, workout first thing in the day so that it doesn’t get shuffled down the priority list as the day progresses.
- Break up your workout, it doesn’t have to be done all at once. A short walk and then some push ups, sit ups and stretch before bed will get you a gold star for that day’s workout.
- Get outside! Go sledding or snowshoeing, build a snowman or have a snowball fight. Exercise time can be fun!
- Take a walk. Enjoy being outside and breathe. You’ve got this!
Remember exercise helps manage stress and boost your mood. Movement releases endorphins that interact with pain receptors in your brain and heighten positive feelings in the body. You know you will feel better after, you just need to think outside the box and make it a priority.
Here is to staying committed to your health and wellness this holiday season.